There is lots to see in Cape Town. And there is plenty of parking opportunities, so go ahead and enjoy Cape Town by foot!
- Long Street: houses in Victorian style, at night big party zone, at day time plenty of shops and cafes
- Green Market (just one block around Long Street): perfect for shopping souvenirs and African art (open 6 days a week)
- V&A Waterfront: close by the port; big shopping mall, various restaurants, BMW Pavillion, theaters, museums, Two Oceans Aquarium, good night life, cinemas etc.
- Camps Bay: nice beach, cafes, Cape-Riviera, good night life
One can pay without problems with credit card. Cash withdrawal is possible at any ATM. Shop opening hours vary. Supermarkets are in general open weekdays from 9am - 5pm, Saturday’s till 4pm, Sundays till 1pm. Big shopping centers also open on weekends and until later at night. Seven Eleven (food store) is open every day from 7am until 11pm.
- Century City: huge shopping mall - a must see! Designer clothes, supermarkets, cinemas, restaurants, etc.
- Victoria & Alfred Mall: nice shopping mall with various offers
There are plenty of them: National Art Gallery with 6500 African and European arts and crafts; Cultural History Museum and South African Museum; Bo-Kaap Museum of moslemic minority, Jewish Museum etc.
For all the wine connoisseur, South Africa is heaven! Visit one of the various wine estates (e.g. close to Stellenbosch) and taste their wine!